Tuesday 2 May 2017

Holiday books

We’ve been away for the past couple of weeks visiting friends in France.
It was a lovely quiet visit with large parts of it spent in Mary’s studio.
I took the gelli plate with me and made books.

A double sided palm leaf book using lace and letter stencils...
 and one using lace and leaves from the bushes around the studio
An interlocking double sided accordian book
A piano hinge book using my cleaning scrap paper for the pages and adding some of the leaves I used for stencilling and texturing prints
Two woven books using leaves as stencils and for texture

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Jac you were printing for England here by the looks of it. What a fantastic variety of ways to use all the prints too. I have not made a palm book for many years and had forgotten them altogether but it really does showcase your prints effectively so I might take up that idea myself if you don't mind? You know I've been monoprinting those bookmarks (thanks for your comment) and putting them together in book form would be a great way to secure them.
    You are so productive. How I wish I had a fraction of your energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these!! They're beautiful! And inspiring! I have lots of book works-in-progress, similarly colourful layered prints. I'll have to try some of these book forms. And,yes, you have been very productive. So impressed! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.