Saturday 1 October 2016

Useful resource

I thought people might find this useful.

I came across a post on Painting Speech which said “Claire Van Vliet and Elizabeth Steiner have made their 2002 book Woven and Interlocking Book Structures freely available in a variety of formats (PDF, EPUB, Kindle, etc.) at the Internet Archive. Published in 2002 and no longer in print, this book is a self-teaching manual with directions for making basic models of 16 book structures designed for Janus, Steiner, and Gefn Press publications. You can find it here at archive.org; download options are listed as links on the right.
If you follow Claire’s recommendation to print the PDF 2-sided and bind it in a 3-ring binder as a bench top manual, it will take 76 sheets of letter-size paper.”

I’ve been trying to get a library or a reasonably priced second hand copy for ages with no success. So I’d like to say thank you to Claire and Elizabeth for their generosity in sharing.

1 comment:

  1. Jac,
    I've had my copy for about ten years or more and have worked my way through the chapters, sometimes with great success, other times with disasters, needing to do some over again until it sinks in! I did not realise it was out of print or that the information is now in the public domain. As you rightly say, this is very generous. I'll make sure I pass the link on to people in my book classes.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.