Saturday 24 September 2016

Snow White - Ready to print?

I’ve had three goes at this block!

The first block was almost finished when I managed to stick tape right across the bodice , which needs to be a flat pale colour in the print, and completely lifted the smooth top surface.

I finished the scene inside the skirt in the second attempt and then realised that I hadn’t reversed the image. There is no text but the image needs to be read left to right, ‘mirror, mirror’ followed by the poisoned apple.

Third time lucky? I’m not sure. The varnish looks uneven and I’ve a horrible feeling that it might show on the print. But I’m not sure how to try fixing it without making it worse so I’ll have a go with the ink and hope I don’t’ have to deal with it.

2 comments:

  1. Some days Jac...you just wonder what else can go wobbly! Looking forward to seeing how it works and hoping it gives you a happy surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With luck I should manage to get to the press and find out on Thursday. Fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.