Thursday 12 February 2015

A New Book

I decided over the weekend that it would be a good idea to edition a book. A small one, because I want to print the pages for each one on a single sheet of A3. I’m going to use the riso printer and ideally I’ll use just two colours

I’ve chosen to use ‘The Laboratory’ by Robert Browning. I’ve liked his macabre storytelling ever since we studied  ‘My Last Duchess’ at school.

This has meant I’ve spent large parts of the week on the computer trying to arrange the words into a grid for the pages. Trying to isolate the speaker's inner, more manic, monologue from the lighter conversational tone that she uses when talking to the alchemist has made this more complicated but I think I’ve done it.
I’ve also worked out how I’m going to bind it before I start to print which is unusual for me.
Words and structure sorted. All I need now are the images

6 comments:

  1. looking forward to seeing this when done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good - hope it goes really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's being stubborn at the moment but I'm working on it

      Delete
  3. great structure Jac - also looking forward to seeing it once the images are in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be a bit longer than I anticipated. This was meant to be quite a quick job just to try printing and editioning but the idea I had for the images isn't working. I'mm now trying Plan B

      Delete

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.