Tuesday 22 January 2013

Change of direction

I thought I’d got it all sorted, collagraph images, two prints to a page, working through the colour wheel and assembled in a stab bound book.

I did print the first plates. 



I like the grid structure and the size and style of lettering but the areas of flat colour are boring.

So I’ve had a rethink. I started with some of the grids and I’ve been playing with paint, palette knifes, bubble wrap, polystyrene... exploring textures, making tiny abstract paintings. 




While I was sorting out the paints I discovered a tube of Prussian blue, it works well with phthalo green and deep violet, so the colour scheme has changed.

And I haven’t a clue how I’m going to put it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time.